Skylark Literary is delighted to sponsor a place on the Book Bound Writers’ Retreat in order to advance and support inclusivity within children’s publishing.
Amber and Jo of Skylark say, ‘We firmly believe that children’s publishing would be all the richer for the inclusion of more diverse voices. We’ve long been considering what we can do to help achieve a more even playing field for all aspiring children’s writers, no matter their background or financial position. The Book Bound team are experts in giving authors the skills to strengthen their craft and, hopefully, develop writing careers. We are excited to give that Book Bound opportunity to someone who might otherwise not have had the chance.’
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should apply using the usual Book Bound application, but with an additional personal statement to describe which underrepresented group you identify with and what getting the grant would mean to you.
- Applicants are asked to submit via email: the complete application form, a synopsis, a typical cover letter used when submitting your manuscript and the first 4,000 words of their novel.
- If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
ABOUT THE GRANT
- The grant covers all costs at the retreat — private room with private bathroom, all meals and materials.
- It does not cover travel.
- Applications must be received by Friday, 6 April.
- The team will review all grant submission materials and make the final decision as to who will receive the grant as soon as possible after the closing date.
- The team’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.